Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Mean Reds


“You know those days when you get the mean reds?... suddenly you’re afraid, and you don’t know what your afraid of…” as Audrey would put it.

Or in other words, you know those days when you’re feeling a bit sad, for no particular reason- and not knowing the cause of said feelings makes it a bit harder to get rid of them. “Well, when I get the mean reds the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany’s,” or in my case, last weekend- Bal Habour.

Retail therapy: the best way to rid oneself of unknown, unwanted feelings. Well that and eating chocolate, a lot of chocolate. Maybe throw in an iced aroma light or two and some Breakfast at Tiffany’s, for best results…(which I’ve obviously been watching too much of lately). But before I make this more complicated than it needs to be just remember: RETAIL THERAPY- works like a charm.

This past weekend, said feelings scraped up some good ol’ buys- take a look:

Retrosuperfuture - Ilaria Silver
Never stop discovering new designers for sunglasses- Love this line
 
Miu Miu- Pointed Toe Ankle Boot


AllSaints- Canada Mini Split Lucille Skirt
Alice + Olivia - Polka Dot Cropped Top
This is the best picture I could find... 


Jimmy Choo- Youth Soft Biker Leather Boots
Sucha classic and necessary staple to ones closet. I feel a little bit more complete and prepared to share the winter with these babies.

Helmut Lang- Crash Jacquard Leather Jacket
I got it in black, and right now I'm contemplating what my values towards colors are.... the red is just so nice, how does one choose?

I was considering not writing 'Helmut Lang' in the description of this jacket because, well, isn't it just so obvious that a jacket with this degree of perfection is in fact, Helmut Lang?!
Its just so impossible for him to create a jacket that is anything but perfect. Some may even say flawless. Yep, definitely flawless.
and I am clearly passionate about this topic... 

No comments:

Post a Comment