Monday, December 2, 2013

Designer Masterminds or Retail High?


You know those times when you spend a bit too long staring at something that’s so perfectly perfect? Then you have to hit yourself a few times, at first to break the daze and then again to snap back into reality to realize if its really that perfect or if you’ve just been shopping for a few hours too many (I think that’s what they call a retail high?.... ill take it!).

Then if your in the Alexander McQueen store you realize that yes, in fact it is THAT PERFECT, and you must then hit yourself again for not thinking of it yourself. But then you realize that you aren’t the genius that designs for McQueen… which explains why you didn’t think of it yourself.

I always find myself in the McQueen store just sort of drooling over the endless beauty and having ongoing flashbacks to the medieval times (not that I witnessed them or anything, but you know what I mean).

Like, why does the combination of pearls and gold and black and red have such a powerful affect one me? Woah, its kinda scary when I think about it- like hypnosis or something.

I think I always have the subconscious feeling that if I go into the McQueen store, some of the beauty will emanate onto me, and ill leave feeling just a bit more pearly and golden and medieval and, cool.  Then again I’d probably have to buy something for that to happen. Although I did try on a gold and pearl neck cuff, does that count for anything?
So Medieval. 

Please- See for yourself:






Do you see what I mean yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment